Tuesday 13 September 2011

DIY INSPIRED DAY!

Had a long , tiring day trudging along the streets of Colaba...But i was absolutely worth it!
I think Colaba is the ultimate flea market .. from jewelery to zari sarees to gramaphones being sold on the street ... and i met a very friendly store owner of a antique store called Abaz I have my eye on some of his jewelry peices..

If you know how to bargain , Colaba is the place to go. From raw crystals being sold in little stores and semi precious jewelry ,watches (imitation) Carved woodworks to adorable trinket boxes... its a shoppers paradise.

I did see more foreigners than Indians.. but i guess as Indians we're used to this kind of merchandise. I was surprised to learn that many foreigners buy saris, lenghas in bulk and sell them in their home countries!
Will be  posting  soon.. the street was a DIY inspiration haven!
Cant wait to get started ! (UGH- i hate exams)

I did not have my camera with me so here are some internet pics of Colaba Causway









2 comments:

  1. WOW! I want all of these.

    This is a paradise!

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete