Monday 17 October 2011

DIY - Fabric Flower

Since my house is full of flowers , I thought I'd try making an organza flower
I think they came out really well and I think its pretty realistic.

YOU WILL NEED

Different organzas
Two bottle caps
Lighter
Sissors
Pearl
Needle and thread



Place the cap on the material and mark the circle


I found it better when I pinned the fabric so it doesn't shift


Cut the cloth out in squares - this is so that you'll get an uneven look when your burning it.


All in all you should have 3 circles of each fabric

Now take the lighter and burn the edges - I personally like the black edges but you can cut them off if you don't like it.


Pile them on top of each other and pin all the layers in place


Secure with a needle and thread



DONE!


Now - What should I make with this? Suggestions!!

1 comment: